by firstname.lastname@example.org in pipedot on (#3HV)
Updates for this week include:
- Added an internal mail system. Users can now privately message each other using familiar email style (email@example.com) addresses.
- New captcha system based off of the textcaptcha.com service.
- You can now submit stories as an AC without logging in.
- You can now post comments as an AC without logging in.
- Raised the default moderation score to 1 for non-AC comments.
- You can no longer moderate your own comments.
- Hide and Expand thresholds can now be saved in your account settings page.
- Added icons to hopefully improve the visibility of certain functions (The syndication feed at the bottom of the page and the Reply button at the top of comment sections)
Are you suggesting that many instances of the pipedot code will be able to share comments and stories?
It's good news if you are.
I have proposed a network based on email to distribute comments and stories around websites. And as you may know, Usenet is mostly accessed through the web now, so is already a kind of distributed web news network. But if someone is prepared to do the work for a more modern system that would be even better.