Article 6TP2H TikTok says it is restoring service in US after Trump vowed to delay ban

TikTok says it is restoring service in US after Trump vowed to delay ban

by
Michael Sainato in New York and Dan Milmo
from Technology | The Guardian on (#6TP2H)

President-elect says order would give company extra 90 days to find buyer and suggests that US take a 50% stake

TikTok said on Sunday that it was restoring services in the US after Donald Trump pledged earlier in the day to give the video app a reprieve on its US ban.

Trump wrote on Truth Social that after taking office on Monday he would sign an executive order allowing the Chinese-owned video app additional time to find a buyer before facing a total shutdown, and proposing that the US or an American firm take a 50% ownership stake.

Continue reading...
External Content
Source RSS or Atom Feed
Feed Location http://www.theguardian.com/technology/rss
Feed Title Technology | The Guardian
Feed Link https://www.theguardian.com/us/technology
Feed Copyright Guardian News and Media Limited or its affiliated companies. All rights reserved. 2025
Reply 0 comments