Article 77T0Y Julián Álvarez Stone-Faced In Atlético Madrid Squad Picture After Blocked Barcelona Move

Julián Álvarez Stone-Faced In Atlético Madrid Squad Picture After Blocked Barcelona Move

by
from Latest Sports News & Videos from FOX Sports on (#77T0Y)
Story ImageJulian Alvarez is not happy at Atletico Madrid, and his squad picture shows it. The 26-year-old was trending on social media on Wednesday after his official headshot for Atletico Madrid's upcoming season was released, and unlike year's past, Alvarez was not smiling - in fact, he looked miserable. It's no secret that Alvarez wants out of Madrid. However, the club has blocked all offers for its star striker so far, including a report $114 million bid from its LaLiga rivals FC Barcelona. That's not all. Alvarez was also left out of Atletico Madrid's squad for the LaLiga opener against Malaga on Wednesday. Coach Diego Simeone said on Tuesday that 26-year-old Alvarez was not in the squad for the match against Malaga at Estadio Metropolitano because he was not yet physically ready. Simeone said he's still counting on Alvarez for the season. He called him the team's best player and expects him to be available to play in Sunday's league game against Villarreal. Also not included in the squad was newly signed Argentina defender Cristian "Cuti" Romero and injured striker Alexander Sorloth. The Associated Press contributed to this report.
External Content
Source RSS or Atom Feed
Feed Location http://api.foxsports.com/v1/rss?partnerKey=zBaFxRyGKCfxBagJG9b8pqLyndmvo7UU
Feed Title Latest Sports News & Videos from FOX Sports
Feed Link https://www.foxsports.com/
Feed Copyright Copyright 2026 FOX Sports
Reply 0 comments