‘Quieter and cleaner’: Sydney to trial electric ferry after two-year delay, with new fish market route slated for 2029
by Penry Buckley from World news | The Guardian on (#75PEF)
NSW transport minister says contracts signed for 24-metre, battery electric ferry to be trialled for 12 months from 2028
Get our breaking news email, free app or daily news podcast
Spluttering journeys across Sydney Harbour may soon give way to quieter trips with the New South Wales government to trial an electric ferry from 2028 before the fleet is expanded.
The government said on Monday that contracts had been signed for the new 24-metre, battery electric ferry to be trialled for 12 months from 2028 - two years later than originally planned. It is hoped it will operate on a new Sydney fish market route when it enters passenger service in 2029.
Continue reading...