Article 6FEF6 Melbourne’s $12bn Metro Tunnel to open in September 2024, builder lets slip

Melbourne’s $12bn Metro Tunnel to open in September 2024, builder lets slip

by
Benita Kolovos
from World news | The Guardian on (#6FEF6)

The head of construction giant John Holland reveals the new, early completion date at a Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry event

Melbourne's $12bn Metro Tunnel is expected to open in less than a year, according to its builder, who let the new completion date slip at a business lunch.

Joe Barr, the chief executive of construction giant John Holland, told a Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry event on Tuesday that the tunnel would open in September 2024. Earlier this year the government had said it would open in 2025, which itself was a year ahead of the initial schedule.

Sign up for Guardian Australia's free morning and afternoon email newsletters for your daily news roundup

Continue reading...
External Content
Source RSS or Atom Feed
Feed Location http://www.theguardian.com/world/rss
Feed Title World news | The Guardian
Feed Link https://www.theguardian.com/world
Feed Copyright Guardian News and Media Limited or its affiliated companies. All rights reserved. 2025
Reply 0 comments